What is Assisted Living?
Assisted living residences are a special combination of housing, meals, and personal assistance designed to meet the needs of those who require help with activities of daily living. Personal assistance include tasks related to bathing, dressing, grooming, and eating. Assisted living is a residential option that promotes self-direction and participation in decisions regarding care and services. Its philosophy is to support choice, individuality, privacy, and independence.
What does Assisted Living Provide?
Housekeeping servicesThree meals a day served in a common dining areaServices available inassisted living residences include:
- Personal Service
- Assistance with bathing, dressing, eating, and other activities
- 24-hour security and staff availability
- Health promotion and exercise programs
- Medication management
- Personal laundry services
- Social and recreational activities
- Emergency call systems
- Supervision and direction